Tuesday 21 May 2013

Clarinet music

Since I was small I have liked the sound of the clarinet. When I was 8 years old I had the opportunity to learn to play this lovely instrument but at the beginning of the first lesson the teacher said "smile", so I did. She then went on to inform me that I wouldn't be able to play correctly as I only had one tooth in the front. This was a big disappointment, as you can imagine.

Since I could not play the instrument myself, I looked for good players to listen to. Acker Bilk has been one of my favourites. Have a listen...


Your the Best Thing That Ever Happened to Me by Acker Bilk & His Orchestra on Grooveshark

Some years ago my husband bought me a beautiful clarinet, and my sister gave me a teach yourself book with a C.D. My teeth are in the correct place and all arranged as they should be, but now I have little time to dedicate to learning another instrument seriously. I will, I will...

No comments: