Tuesday 23 September 2014

A word FOR Wednesdays

It has called upon my attention lately, how many blogs from around the globe leave Wednesday without any words.

I have decided to make amends by posting, precisely on Wednesdays, a "weird, uncommon and not so used or heard of" word and its meaning, etymology, etc,.

Many of these words will be ones which my father used to use in his normal, daily speech. To some, my father might have seemed a man of few words, but I can tell you the ones he did use I don't think I have ever heard them used by anyone else. I am still so very curious as to where he might have originally picked them all up.

Tomorrow, I will post about one of his most used words. Stay tuned.

I'll leave you with a famous quote about words from the late Margaret Thatcher:

“Watch your thoughts for they become words.
Watch your words for they become actions.
Watch your actions for they become habits.
Watch your habits for they become your character.
And watch your character for it becomes your destiny.
What we think, we become.
My father always said that... and I think I am fine.”

1 comment:

A.J. said...

Woooohooo! :D I've been waiting for this! My notebook is ready. :P