Wednesday 14 May 2014

Garden update

I have been very busy with the garden, planning, weeding, planting... This year, thanks to my lovely son-in-law-to-be who cleared the land from unwanted trees and much more, I have been able to extend the planting down to the front part of the garden : )

To be able to take advantage of the first spring rains the potatoes have to be in by St. Joseph's day, also Fathers Day, which is March 19th.

I have only been 'doing' the garden for five years and every year I like to try at least one new thing. This year I have put in radish and carrots. The radish is already up but I think the carrots must have rotted as there is no sign of them.

Now, in photos, I will work down the garden from the top.

The dwarf bean patch
Spuds
The salad bar! I have here 70 lettuces, 12 plum tomato plants, 4 salad tomato plants, 12 cucumber plants (2 x 2), a row of radishes and 3 aubergine plants.
More spuds

Sunflowers and courgettes
Today I bought 50 sweet, purple onion plants (cebes de Lleida) and now I have to figure out where to put them.

Yesterday evening it rained a little, the first time since middle March. It's dry this year which means that every three days or so I have to water all this lot.

Do you plant veggies? I'd like to hear from you : )

3 comments:

Danny said...

Oh it looks lovely! Very nice job! :)

A.J. said...

It makes the garden look beautiful and useful. :D Can't wait for the sunflowers to grow taller than us!

Raxigp said...

Ohh què maco!!! Això és ser pràctic i estalviador, i a més tot això està deliciós!! :)