Thursday 6 June 2013

A working wife and mother

    Twenty-six years ago today I applied for a job. A very special job. A job that I knew would not be easy, but that the benefits would far outweigh the rough times, both for me and those around me. The requirements were endless. I had to be loving, patient, understanding, forgiving, tireless, firm, quick thinking... and so the list went on. When I went for the interview and the One in charge and I were talking, I admitted that many of these skills didn't come easy to me but that I was very willing to learn. I promised Him I would do my best. This job was to be a full-time affair, and I would have do dedicate many, many of my hours if I was to do it well. I understood that sometimes things would be tough and that I might possibly have to work all three shifts in a row, with little time for a break.
    As we concluded the interview He said that if ever I needed someone to talk to, or it seemed that things were just getting too much for me to handle, if I was thankful or exhausted, in need of material items or anything else, then I should speak with Him. It didn't matter what time of the day or night it was, He would always be there to listen. Always. He explained that He would never give me more than He thought I was capable of. As I got up to leave He added, "Remember, if you do your job properly your happiness will be unmeasurable".

Needless to say, I was given the job and here I am, 26 years later, still 'a working wife and mother' and, as always, enjoying every single moment it.



2 comments:

LSEP said...

That's a beautiful post, Ma.

In a few days I'll be signing the contract myself, too. I only hope I can get to be as good at this job as you are.

A.J. said...

And what an incredible example you have been to us all these years... you definitely excelled at your job! ♥