Monday 28 October 2013

My week

Last week was  a very busy one but I have had so much fun. Here are some photos to show just what I've been doing.

On Monday I managed to get most of the week's general housework up together. Then I started sewing...

Lavender cushions
Tuesday was quite an ordinary day. I worked in the afternoon, and my two extra little boys, as usual, came to stay over night. One thing I did do today was pick olives and sort through the ones my daughter picked in over the weekend. I began the preserving process with maybe a couple of kilos only. This summer has been a very damp one and the olives were rotting already.


On Wednesday I accomplished more specific housework + shopping and, as always, laundry... then in the afternoon, teaching. After all that, I made some forty pork and turkey burgers. Some we ate for supper and the rest I threw in the freezer.


On Thursday, my afternoon nanny job was lengthened to a full day one :) because the teachers were on a one-day strike. We made 3 batches of rainy day biscuits.  (It rained for 10 mins. or so, late Tuesday evening, so I felt authorized to make them!  Recipe to be posted soon.)


Friday, hubby and I went to "chill" in Tarragona for the morning. We walked around the port, the area of the indoor market and the back streets of the lower part of the city. I left my camera at home so there aren't any photos of this :(

On Friday afternoon I gave my English lessons, we packed a picnic supper and then we went to see a rally - the R.A.C.C. through Montmell - the mountains just behind where we live. The first car went through a little after 8:45 pm, the last at just gone 10:00 pm. Awesome.


(Photos from internet)

On Saturday morning I spent five hours working very hard in the garden weeding, watering, sweeping and tidying. Just look at those cabbages! (The favourite food of caterpillars, slugs and snails!)


In the afternoon Hubby and I went for a walk around the centre of Reus. Here are some photos:






I am also trying to concentrate more on my piano practice. I found a new piece to play which is taking up some time. (Will post details soon.)

1 comment:

A.J. said...

Sounds like a good, busy and productive week! I didn't know Reus had such a nice centre... I will have to check it out!