Wednesday 27 May 2015

A poem

A Mother's Life-Work



My work at home lies with the olive branches
Thou'st planted there,
To train them meekly for the heavenly garden
Needs all my care.


I may not in the woods and on the mountains
Seek Thy lost sheep;
At home a little flock of tender lambkins
'Tis mine to keep.


Thou givest to thy servants each his life-work;
No trumpet tone
Will tell the nations in triumphant pealing
How mine was done.


But 'twill be much, if, when the task is ended,
 Through grace from Thee,
 I give Thee back, undimmed, the radiant jewels
Thou gavest me.

Anonymous 

2 comments:

Sister in the Mid-west said...

I really like this poem. Thank you for sharing. Would you mind if I published it on my blog sometime?

Lady Violet said...

Sister in the Mid-west.
How lovely of you to comment and of course you may publish the poem on your blog. No problem.
Blessings, S.