Thursday 24 April 2014

Silk worms

Looking after silk worms here is as normal as looking after tadpoles. This year we are going to be doing both. Last Wednesday I went into town to buy some for my hubby as a present for him, as some weeks ago he explained that this was one of his childhood frustrations - that he was never allowed to have any when a little boy. Frankly, I couldn't resist. This metamorphosis thing never ceases to fascinate me!


These little fellows grow fast so I will be updating often. In the photo they are about 12 mm long.

All we have to do to keep them happy is supply them with fresh mulberry leaves every day or two and clean them out at the same time. They are traditionally kept in a shoe box, which is where we have ours.

3 comments:

Kath said...

Hi Sofia,
I hope you are doing fine.

I have been out of the virtual
world for a while. Sorry for being
missing in action for so long.

I have sent you an email with the
details. Blessings :-)

Annie said...

If you like metamorphosis, try keeping bees! They're amazing, I love seeing the adult bees emerge from their cell, their first job is to clean the cell ready for the next occupant.

A.J. said...

Un i dos i tres i quatre... i cinc i sis i set i vuit... it's more fun when you miscount and have to start counting all over again! :P Got to get up to twenty!