Tuesday 22 April 2014

The Glass Museum, Vimbodí

We have already visited the glass museum, one of the field trips included in my spring bucket. The museum part had many ancient pieces of glassware and explained in easy detail where glass was first used, how it was most likely discovered and a full history, both worldwide and then locally.

We also watched a demonstration of how to make a jug and other pieces by hand. This I found absolutely fascinating.

I did not take any photos as flash was not allowed. My daughter took plenty, but cannot pass them to me because of the need of a special gadget which costs too much money!

These photos are taken from Google images.




It was just a morning visit and we found it very interesting indeed.


Here's a photo of a hand made glass cat which my son bought me as a souvenir. Needless to say, it's purple!

1 comment:

LSEP said...

We went to Poble Espanyol the other day. They were making glass there too, and we could have stayed watching it for hours, it was fascinating!