Friday 25 April 2014

Spring bucket update and the BBQ

This is a list of the things we have already achieved from this year's spring bucket list:

# Field trip - The Glass Museum, Vimbodí
# We have been asparagus hunting, we found 12!
# We have had the BBQ (see below)
# We have walked in the rain and splashed in the puddles
# I have completed another but it is a surprise for the moment for a certain person very close to me so I cannot publish it yet...

Yes, the BBQ. We had it last Saturday and here are a few photos to prove it. This time we had a new cook as my youngest daughter, who usually likes to do it, was away at a friend's house.

I must say my dear hubby did a fine job. Bravo and omnomnom...

A mixed salad which I threw together*
BBQ in the making
The end result - well, what hasn't been eaten up already!*
* The salad consisted of: mixed green and purple lettuce leaves, salad tomato, sweet onion (given to us by the neighbour that very morning), grated carrot, thinly sliced, raw purple cabbage and green and black olives, all garnished with olive oil and a shake of salt.

* The meat was: slices of pork belly rashers, pork ribs, lamb cutlets and chops and some prawns.

* The veggies this time were: potatoes, artichoke halves and small courgette cut into three or four blocks each.

For dessert: strawberries marinated in sugar and red wine.

Does anyone else have a spring bucket which they are working on? How are you doing? I'd love to know.

2 comments:

Kath said...

Yummy!
Your hubby did a great job, Sofia:-)
I hope you have a great weekend!
Blessings

A.J. said...

Well, I like THAT! I've been asking to go asparagus hunting and having a BBQ since the good weather started, and here you go doing it when I'm not there! Ö

I love you anyways, Mum. :P