Wednesday 30 April 2014

Thingummies for organizing

During the past few weeks I have been able to buy a few thingummies to help in the organization and daily running of our home.

The first is a plastic bag organizer. Thus:


The plastic bags were always a problem. I had them all kept in a bag and I couldn't tell which one was which and then I took one out and half a dozen more jumped out in eagerness to be likewise chosen. Well, no longer. They are all stuffed in here, and I can see at a glance which one I need, I pull it out through one of the holes and Bob's yer uncle, as it were.

The next thingummy I bought was a neck scarf organizer for my wardrobe. Now, I am rather partial to scarves, I even wear them in the height of summer. My problem, as you can see in the photo, was how to keep them.


Then I found this thingummy in Ikea and I thought "Yes, that's it".


This also gives me a little more storage space now, for handbags and other  accessories.

The third thingummy is a cute little bag I found in the kitchen department of the hardware shop in town. Now, I knew of their existence but had never actually found one until now.


This little bag, made from fine cotton, is used to pop up to a kilo of pulses - usually chickpeas - in the stock to boil together with the other ingredients when you make soup. It gives the soup an extra special taste and adds protein to your meal. Cute isn't it : ) Can't wait to try it out, I LOVE chickpeas.

Another thingummy has been a little basket to put the orphaned socks in until its pair is found. My husband mentioned one day that a pile of socks on the dresser on the landing looked untidy and this little lined basket with a lid makes things  much neater.


The last thingummy is in plural form. Lots of thingummies all in the same little container!

I have been looking around for some cutters for years, literally. It just so happens that muffins and cupcakes are growing evermore popular here and cake decorating as a whole is 'in'. Shops that sell everything you need from pastry cutters to little tools and molds, cooling racks and fondant icing, food dyes and flavourings, trays, teapots and serving plates... You name it, you'll find it in these shops, which are popping up like mushrooms in the most unlikely places!

This side is fluted...
...and this side isn't!
These cutters make cooking pretty! Now I can make some decent sized mince pies or even my dear hubby's favourite - lemon curd tarts.

1 comment:

A.J. said...

Yohooo for scarf organizers! And mince-pie cutters. And chick-pea bags! And sock homes! And bag keepers! Don't they make life much easier? :)