Wednesday 3 April 2013

Nina

My parents came to visit once when my eldest daughter was about 3 years old. After they had gone home L. realized that if she called my mother "Granny" then, logically, her "children" should be calling me the same! At almost 25, I must have been the youngest granny on the record!

Let me introduce you to my "grand-daughter" by way of a poem I wrote when she was about 16 years old.


Hello, my name is Nina.
I come from far away.
One of Granny's granny's friends
Made me in a day.

I've woolly shoes
And woolly socks
And woolly "undies", too.
Woolly dress,
And woolly head,
I'm woolly through and through.

I know my Mummy loves me,
She tells me every day, 
Though sometimes I'm quite naughty
In a woolly sort of way.

I try to make my Mummy's bed
Or fold up her pyjama,
But it's all a lot of work for me
And things get out of hand
And Mummy gets cross
And it all ends up messier than ever
And I don't know what to do...

I KNOW my Mummy loves me,
And Granny, she does too.
I only hope that one day 
My Grandad...

Well, that's another story!


This is Nina, enjoying the garden!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oli ni !!!!!! did u know I have woolly head too??:b

LSEP said...

All these years I thought Nina'd written it!!! :'(

Talk about young... I'm the same age as my "daughter"!

Unknown said...

I like the way you think and write.
It shows your tenderness and love.
Thank you.
Rosa-Maria