Wednesday 16 July 2014

Abundance...

I thought you would like to see a little a bit of what I've been busy with (and thankful for) lately.

Press play and listen to one of my favourite songs while you look at the photos:



Cherries - a gift from our neighbour
First courgette harvest
Apricots from our tree
A bucket of beans
Second courgette harvest + plum and salad tomatoes and aubergines
The last of the potato crop (we have the equivalent of 12 crates like these!) and more courgettes
Planting and keeping a garden is a lot of work, much of which I do on my own. After I have harvested, then all the produce has to be preserved in one way or another.* This keeps me busy, too. I planted much more this year because I had more land available and, thankfully, it has been rainy for a longer period of time and I therefore haven't needed to water as much as other years. It's a very productive  year in this respect, too.

*Post to follow shortly explaining how I preserve what the garden produces.

How are my bloggie friends doing? What are you filling your summer days with?

5 comments:

LSEP said...

Who wants to be pushin' up daisies when they can be pushin' up home-grown tmaytoes?

I have some pretty flowers and some basil so far... -.- I hope I can get a nice garden up together soon! :)

Michele said...

Oh my word, such beautiful veggies! Looks delicious. Our farmer's market starts this week and I cannot wait. My pitiful container garden is not producing anything yet.

Lady Violet said...

Hi, Michele.
Welcome to my blog and thanks for commenting. Yes, this year we're very blessed here, with bumper crops of everything. Have fun trying new foods :)

Annie said...

All those spuds! We have much rhubarb here.

Cassandra said...

Wow! What a blessing indeed.
Your vegetable haul is amazing!! I need to get my seedlings started here now it is spring.